The Coaching Technical Advisory Committee are looking for volunteers who have backgrounds in the below outlined areas, to assist in the formulation of a new coaching certification. Whilst the committee would like volunteers from within the sport, this is not a mandatory requirement.
What would it entail?
- Assisting the TAC with your area of expertise
- Helping the TAC in creating the learning material, as well as the module content, for your specific module.
If you meet any of the requirements listed below, and would like to be involved in this process, please get in touch!
• Qualified in an area that anatomy and physiology are taught. For example an undergraduate degree in Sport Science with the knowledge to relate it to skating movements.
• A qualification in Child Psychology, such as a degree.
• From a Teaching background that delivers to youths (e.g. a primary school teacher).
Planning & Goal Setting:
• Completed a qualification in Sports Coaching, where planning & goal setting was included within the qualification.
• Undertaken some form of qualification where planning & goal setting was taught.
• A qualification in Sports Coaching, where coaching styles was included within their qualification.
• Undertaken a qualification where coaching/leadership styles was taught.
If you would like to be involved or have any questions please email: Coaching@iceskating.org.uk