BIS is now looking for an individual with the knowledge, skills and experience, to join the company as Performance & Talent Manager, who will bring their enthusiasm and drive to the role to make it a success.
Salary: £28,000-£34,000 per annum
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Normal Location: English Institute of Sport, Sheffield, UK and home based
Normal Working Hours: 35 hours per week between Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00
The aim of this role is to ensure to successful running of the Performance arm of the Association. You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the talent pathways, building strong, positive relationships with stakeholders and having the overall knowledge, skill and drive to advance the Performance culture and activities of British Ice Skating. You will have a passion for both Figure and Speed Skating and achieving results and an understanding of the elite athlete environment. This pro-active role will require a leader who is professionally minded and ambitious but also has the attention to detail required to understand the whole performance process and the finer details of the associated tasks.
The successful candidate will be joining a small, friendly, dynamic team, which works to support and promote the sport, to engage ever more people in ice skating and help them to reach their potential.
Key Skills and Attributes
• A passion for ice skating
• Management and leadership skills
• Experience of a performance environment
• Proven track record of working effectively with external stakeholders
• Successful results of previous projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under pressure
• Excellent communication, literary and computer skills
• A positive and ambitious approach
How to apply
Please see the role description and person specification for details of the role and the skills, qualities and attributes needed.
To apply, please send:
1. a covering letter that explains what motivates you to apply and how you meet our requirements
2. your CV
3. the completed Equality Monitoring Form
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2021.
Interviews for short-listed applicants will provisionally be held on the week commencing 5th April 2021.