Sporting Equals: Policy Statement
- The National Ice Skating Association of the UK Ltd. is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic origin, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, social status or sexual preference, than any other.
- The Association will ensure that there is open access for all those who wish to participate in the sport and that they are treated fairly.
- The Association recognises that certain sections of the community have been affected by past discrimination and may be denied the opportunity to participate equally and fully in the sport at all levels.
- The Association will take steps to prevent discrimination or other unfair treatment of its employees, members or volunteers.
- The Association is required by law not to discriminate against its employees and recognises its legal obligations under the following acts:
- Equal Pay Act 1970
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- Human Rights Act 2000.
In pursuance of this policy the National Ice Skating Association reserves the right to discipline any of its members/ employees who practise any form of discrimination on the grounds of a person age, gender, ability, religion, ethnic origin, creed colour, social status or sexual orientation.
The National Ice Skating Association will monitor and evaluate this policy on an on going basis and inform its members / employees of its impact.