Gillingham Winter Sports Community Foundation (GWSCF) is a recently formed organisation dedicated to promoting and increasing participation in ice sports such as ice skating, ice hockey, sledge hockey and curling.
In order to ensure we meet our aims and meet the needs of the local community we wish to appoint a Community Development Manager/Head Coach. This role will involve leading and delivering community ice sport sessions, developing participants enthusiasm and participation in ice sports and direct them into relevant courses and developing opportunities.
The initial focus will be on working with the key priority groups identified by Sport England including 14 – 25 year olds and people with a disability.
Training and support with be provided.
• To deploy, in conjunction with the Chairperson and key stakeholders., a suitable social inclusion ice sports programme
• To assist, lead and coordinate ice sports sessions in at identified venues. coordinating competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the GWSCF strategic aims
• To be responsible for high quality delivery of community and social inclusion sessions as agreed in the programme
• To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information for activities
• To identify and direct participants onto relevant training and volunteering opportunities
• To identify and direct participants towards local identified exit route clubs
• To maximise opportunities to raise awareness amongst the target audience of ice sports activities and encourage their participation
• To produce update reports for the board and funding agencies and related partners as required
• To identify and follow up potential opportunities to develop activities in line with the strategic development of the GWSCF programme
• To monitor delivery of ice sports programmes at Gillingham ice rink by clubs and groups to ensure quality standards are met.
• Passion and commitment to the development of participants
• Ability to gain an enhanced CRB clearance (CRB's will be individually assessed)
• Level 2 ice sports coaching qualification (e.g. ice skating, ice hockey)
• Enthusiasm and energy to initiate activities/sessions in a safe secure environment. Role model for all participants
• Ability to develop positive relations with all participants to encourage participation, improvement of social skills, discipline and respect
• Ability to communicate with a broad range of key stake holders including teachers, sponsors and parents/guardians
• Completion of accurate and regular monitoring and evaluation returns
• Computer literate
Send CV/enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 28th June 2012 10:02am